The business model of social media companies is to capture as much of their users’ attention as possible.
Their platforms and services are designed to exploit brain physiology and human psychology. These design choices interfere with the free choice of users.
We are Offgridme, a non profit organization based in Geneva and Paris working on raising awareness about Problematic Internet Use, promoting Digital wellbeing and advocating for legislations to require social media companies to take measures to mitigate the risks of internet addiction and psychological exploitation.
OFFGRIDME.LIFE Invites you to a workshop about the dangers of social media overuse. Thursday, November 28, 2019 from 6pm at the Espace de quartier des Paquis, entrance Rue du Buis. Discussion with guests about the four most used social networks by teens: Facebook...
This is part of a series of interviews we will conduct to get to know the board members of OffGridme.life. Hani Dabbagh is the marketing strategic advisor of our non-profit. He was also one of the panelists in our last event about the potentially addictive features...
In this video,Paul-Olivier Dehaye of personaldata.io, and board member of Mydata Global (Mydata.org), explaines the complexities behind YouTube. He will show how YouTube creates more interactions in order to extract more user's data that allows the video streaming...
- Offering training to companies
- Planning prevention campaigns in collaboration with governmental institutions
- Organizing workshops for teenagers and families
- Creating a methodology to help analyze user’s behavior on a specific app by only making a Subject Access Request (SAR).
- Our work is the result of a collaboration between tech specialists, addictologists and social scientists.